Thursday 30 January 2014

Matt Murtagh, A Modern Day Joiner.....


Whilst researching the photo joiner technique I came across another professional photographer that is UK based and practices photo joiners as part of his work.

His name is Matt Murtagh and he has a professional website detailing some of his work. Matt is from and Based in Birmingham and does studio, wedding and location photography.

His website can be found here http://www.mattmurtaghphotography.com/ and the images that I have included here in my blog are attributed to Matt and obviously are his copyrighted material.

Matt also has a wedding photography web site and Flickr page.

St Martins, Birmingham
 
The first image that I have chosen of Matt’s is entitled “St Martins”.
This joiner is of St Martins Church in the Bull ring in Birmingham. I like the symmetry to this image, although not exactly the same, you have the two “book end” buildings on the left and right with the main focal point dead centre.
The joiner is well constructed and has plenty of detail to look at, whilst being simplistic enough, not to be confusing.
If I were taking the joiner, I may have tried to move a little to the left or a little more forward to exclude the monument on the far right as this can be a little distracting.
St Martins taken from above

Trafalgar Square

Another image of Matt’s that took my eye was of Trafalgar square.
This image is great, as there is a huge amount of activity in the foreground with people moving about and getting on with their daily activities.
Because of the time lapse nature of joiners, the people themselves are disjointed and for me that adds interest.
It is also a photograph that has been taken in the wet and the reflections.


This image has been well thought out and constructed.

This is an image which I would have loved to have taken and would not change anything with this image. It has plenty of detail and impact and I have to admit to being more intrigued by photo joiners the more research I do into the subject.

Trafalgar Square


 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment