Saturday 18 January 2014

Uh Oh......

Well, Wednesday arrived and it was time to go to college.

Dave had some bad news, well, I say bad news, it wasn't really bad news it was just news that I wasn't expecting.

The Photo Book project was being moved to the second half of the course and the theme of the Photo Book was being changed from a theme of our choice, as in any subject, to a theme which should incorporate a particular type or method of photography.

That's different I thought.....

Dave explained that we would be reviewing and trying different styles of photography in the coming weeks and whatever we preferred out of these various types or styles, we could use to generate a Photo Book.

That sounds really interesting.....

Pin hole photography, working with light in the dark and Photo Joiners were going to be some of the styles reviewed and worked with over the coming weeks.

We watched a video of an Artist/Photographer called David Hockney.

I had heard of David previously, as I discovered him during the BTEC Level 2 course in 2012.

Not really my cup of tea to be honest.... So I moved onto other photographers for my research....

That was then, this is now......

After watching the video, I thought, do you know what? I think I should at least try it..... It won't be my preferred choice I don't think, but it will be interesting trying....

Painting with light has always interested me and I had chosen this as one of my subject matters last time.

Pin hole photography is another genre that I haven't tried previously, so again something new....

All in all, an interesting next few weeks.......

No comments:

Post a Comment