Friday 11 April 2014

Some Light Refreshment

During my spell in the college studio, I decided to try another setup for a light painting.

Using some of the props I had brought for the typewritter setup, I decide to set up a couple of bottles of Desperados, a glass and some water mixed with gelatine to make droplets on the glass surfaces.

I then proceeded to light up the scene in a clockwise motion, I try and keep to the same method.

I tool a total of 33 shots, each of about 3 seconds duration at 100 ISO and F11.

The image below is of the contact sheet and the images used.

 
As with the Typewritter image, all 33 photographs were assembled in Photoshop as layers and blended using either the "Lighten" or "screen" selection in the blend mode for each layer.
 
 
The final image can be seen below.
 


I think this image works well, as you can see the water droplets on both the bottle and glass, with everything in focus.

There are some nice shadows cast by the bottle and glass, as well as separation from the background, as there is light behind, fading into the distance.

I think if the water had been a little more viscous, then the water droplets would have showed up more, but all in all, I think the light painting on this image was a success..

No comments:

Post a Comment