Saturday 22 March 2014

Building the book.......

The main output from this BTEC level 3 course, apart from the qualification of course, is a complete and printed photo book.

There are a number of ingredients that go into making this Photo book, and these all need to be assembled ready to be put in the mix.....

Firstly and most importantly...... Photographs......., well I have these, not all of them yet, but my target is to get at least one per week over the next few weeks to finish off the amount I will require.



Is there a set number? well, I would like to produce a book that at least takes a few minutes to read through and digest, so I am thinking, 20 images at least...

What else?

Well a book printer would probably be useful!!!!!

I have chosen Blurb......

http://www.blurb.co.uk

There interface is user friendly and they offer good value for money....


Next, an introduction and quote.



Some research is called for here, my introduction is going to be about photography and light. I think this will be appropriate as my photo book images are going to be based on painting with light...

The quote, well something light orientated.....


Above is two pages from the initial book draft, as I am starting to piece together the final work.


Anything else?

A Book Title......

Something that is informative but punchy. I have decided on A "Light" Read, I think that works well.....



Image titles....

Do I number the pages or use the image titles as information for the contents page?

If I go with titles, then something descriptive and funny will be the way to go, I think..


The above two images are called a spot of "light" gardening and mines a double. Again, these two images are show in the draft copy of the book....


Another two images above shown in the draft copy of the book.

I need to spend some time working on layout and titles as well as my thank you's and introduction.

I'll keep you posted on the progress.....


No comments:

Post a Comment